HB- PSE offers independent advice, expertise and coaching based on our extensive experience in Substation Automation, Smart Grid, SCADA, Telemetry, Tele-Protection and communications in T&D, Power Generation and distribution networks.
HB- PSE is pioneer in new smart substation automation utilizing SCADA systems which is based on the flexible IEC 61850 standards for communication and integration of new smart IED and IEC 61970/61968 (CIM – Common Information Model) for the integration into the control center. A Control & Monitoring system such as Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition (SCADA) system and Distribution Automation System (DAS) is one of the most important systems for transmission, distribution and substation. The power system improves its reliability by enabling remote operation from control center, adequate monitoring of equipment operation, and automated operation for fault recovery.
HB- PSE has been engaged in improvement of the SCADA systems for many years. We have developed the automated substation control schemes combined with distribution automation system. In case of distribution line fault, the system automatically generates fault recover procedures and assists operators for remote operation of substation switchgears and distribution line isolators from control center.
The advantage of using HB- PSE automation solution is:
– New smart substations have fully redundant design
– All components have integrated communication devices
– Instead of old fashion hardwire solution between secondary and primary equipment, a new IEC 61850 IP based process bus is used
– Instead of serial point to point communication IEC 61850 IP based station bus is utilized
– Instead of hard wire for inter IED communication (interlocking